Saturday, October 27, 2012

Whole30: Day 2


Day 2 started off much better. I was able to get a full night of sleep and while I’m still sick, my throat didn’t feel like I swallowed a flaming match.

Breakfast:  Frittata
Snack:  nuts and a banana
Lunch:  Sweet Potato Fries with avocado dip
Dinner:  Grilled Chicken, broccoli and mashed butternut squash (I added lemon dressing and arugula to my plate)

Tonight we didn’t end our day with anything sweet!  Victory 1!!!

Today was tough though.  We’re getting ready for Sandy the Superstorm so we spent hours at the grocery store and Target.  I had to buy fruit snacks and juice for my Mom and pick up stuff for Bear, formula for Monkey and some stuff for us incase we lose power.  I also managed to find Almond Butter and Macadamia Butter.  I found it plenty of places but it all had cane sugar in it.  We found this awesome health food store a few towns over (right by where I take Bear for sign language class) and they had a GREAT assortment.

I am overwhelmed at the thought of keeping up this diet without any power.  Not sure why, it should be easy.  But perhaps because I’m just not used to it.  I did pick us up a box of Luna Bars just incase we need them.  I cannot stand them.  They have such a strange texture being based off of dates and I just do not like the flavor. But I figured, if I'm starving I'll eat them.

I did have cravings at the store today when we walked past the Gummy Bears.  But I just kept going.  It seems while I still have a ton of cravings they’re not hitting with any intensity and if I just keep going or think about something else they pass. 

I have felt strange today.  I’m not hungry but I feel strangely light-headed at times.  It seems my body is still re-learning how to use protein for energy instead of sugar and carbs.

But overall today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...