Friday, July 5, 2013

Whole30 gone wrong

My fist whole30 turned into a whole60.  I felt amazing, lost weight and was a happy clam.  I quickly fell back into a horrible diet and after gaining 5 lbs recommitted to whole30.

And then the pain started.  I had horrible abdominal cramping, dizziness, nausea, indigestion, and bloating.

I was doing the whole30 wrong and ended up with diverticulitis.  

Why?

1) I have no gallbladder so I don't believe I digest foods as well as as before.
2) I really like nuts and fruit and salad.
3) I was not eating a balanced diet because of how busy our lives have been.

It's hot.  I hate cooking in the heat.  I think I ate salad with grilled chicken about 6 days in a row.  And way melon is in season.  So are strawberries.  And blueberries. And raspberries.  And cucumbers.  All high residue, difficult to digest foods.

I was way of doing it on the fresh seedy fruit and difficult to digest greens.  I ate very few cooked veggies and am paying for it.  I am taking a break from whole30 and did a 24 hour juice fast too rest my gut.  I am hoping Monday to resume whole30 with lots of cooked veggies and less residue foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...