Monday, April 4, 2011

Free, Frugal Fun!

Now that Bear is 10 months old I've been trying to find new things for us to do.  Generally, we just run errands either walking around Target or the grocery store. 

However, when you're trying to stay on a budget and avoiding unneccesary purchases, this isn't the smartest thing to do.  So I decided to do some research on things we can do.

There is a local Mom's group at a church however, it runs until May and it costs $20.  So, it seems really expensive to pay $20 for 2 months.  There is another Mom's group for the area and again, it costs $20 but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to something I have to PAY for.  I was looking for things to do that were free, in case Bear has a total meltdown or just can't handle it. 

I looked up things at our local library however they generally don't start until 2 years old.   We live in a "township" of a town.  Our mailing address is for the town, however we have a different school system and library.  Then I realized that the town, which is about 8 miles away is the county seat so their library is MUCH larger than our little one.  They have a 5 week story time for children 24 months and under.  2 of the weeks are already over, and we're going to miss one of the 3 left, but it's free and they had plenty of spots available.  So in a few minutes, Bear and I will be heading out to the library for a fun story time.

The worst part of it all, he's been sleeping great and we've all even been sleeping in.  Some days he's not even up till 8:30.  I'm forseeing that I will be prepping things the night before.

Why do babies grow up so fast??
I've been looking through pictures for his 1st Birthday and it makes me cry everytime that he's not a little baby anymore.  Where did this little baby go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...