Tuesday, April 12, 2011

That which does not kill you...

Only makes you stronger.

This is my mantra for this week.  If I let my guard down, I'm sure this week would hit me like a deer on the freeway.

Yesterday was going well, until about 30 seconds before we are to leave, our second appointment gets cancelled.

So now we have 5.5 hours between appointments and we decide we'll just come home.

Our first appointment goes smoothly and we end up with ANOTHER prescription.  Yes, that prescription must be compounded and since we're about 40 miles north of home, they can't just electronically send it to the pharmacy that's about 20 minutes away from our house.

Our second appointment goes just as swimmingly and we head home with a referral for ANOTHER doctor to see and a Bear that is about to implode.

He sleeps horrible. 

Today we get up, head to the pharmacy (20 minutes from home) just to drop said prescription off.  We come home, he naps, house guests show up, and my dinner is terrible.  I experimented with a recipe and lets just say, I doubt it was even edible.  So we head to the local Applebee's (the last place I wanted to be with a 10 month old who was about 1 hour out from bedtime).

Tomorrow is our day off (and like I said before, I'm super excited for WIP Wednesday).

Thursday is therapy.

Friday is the only day that we could reschedule our appointment.  The doctor was out sick.  So now, I alone (because Hubs can't take ANOTHER day off) am heading 40 miles north with Bear at nap time (I need all the prayers you can muster that he falls asleep in the car) to go to another doctor's appointment.   This one is not critical, however I do need to alter the one prescription he has.  We always seem to run out before the month is up and then insurance won't cover it and he really needs to take it EVERY day.

Sunday we have lunch plans after church.  I know, I'm whining, and I'm trying very hard to stay positive, but church ends at 11:30, usually we're out of there by 12 after some socializing and oohing over a new baby girl (she's so tiny!!! she makes Bear look like a giant).  Then it's a good 15-20 minute ride to this family's house and did I mention bear usually naps around 12:30 or 1 every day.  And then it's a 40 minute ride home.  While I love this family to death and am really excited about having some fellowship (especially with other adults) sometimes the inconvenience is so daunting.

My posting may be sparse and off topic this week.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get back into the rhythm by Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...