Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cooking Success and Failure Week 2

Let's see how we did this week!
Saturday April 9
Lunch: we had a fun visit down to Amish country and picked up some lunch meat at a bulk food store.  We had a picnic on the front porch of a furniture store (don't worry we stopped in to buy something first) with some homemade bread from home and snacks.
Dinner:  I wasn't very hungry so Hubs had leftovers from salisbury steak night.
Sunday April 10
Lunch:  Sandwiches

Dinner:  hot dogs, macaroni salad

Monday April 11
Lunch:  Sandwiches

Dinner:  Pizza Hut.  We got home so late from the hospital and were wiped.  Bear was melting down and by the time we got him settled and in bed it was so late and we were so hungry.

Tuesday April 12
Lunch:  Sandwiches or Pizza
Dinner:  Applebee's.  I made a chicken crockpot dish.  It smelled revolting and looked even worse.  So we decided to go out (Yes twice in one week, but I felt it was warranted)

Wednesday April 13
Lunch:  I picked up salad for lunch because I started Gluten Free (GF).  Hubs had sandwiches
Dinner:  Caesar salad, hot dogs (I had mine without a roll), frozen canteloupe and canned peaches

Thursday April 14
Lunch:  Leftover salad or sandwiches

Dinner:  Pancakes (I found a box of GF mix someone gave me) and turkey breakfast sausage.

Friday April 15
Lunch:  Au Bon Pain for me, it was the only thing at the hospital and I was unable to bring anything from home, Hubs had Wendy's, he was on the road for work

Dinner:  Jimmy John's, I had Cornish Hens out but Hubs said he really wanted sandwiches.  I know you're all thinking, but didn't she just go GF?  Jimmy John's offers an Unwich.  It's they're sandwich (same amount of meat and condiments, etc) all wrapped up in very large lettuce leaves.  It was fantastic, and the Beach Club (Turkey and Avocado) was only 200 calories. We also had potato chips.


I know it seems like we went out an awful lot, and we did.  However, this has been one of THOSE weeks so the fact that we even made it through is success.  I wish I could have cooked more, but days like yesterday (driving 40 minutes by myself with Bear at naptime, walking the 20 minute walk to the doctor's office, then back to the car, then back to the doctor's office, then back to the car, and then the 40 min drive home in traffic which became an hour) it took all my energy just to survive.  So tough luck.  Next week is a little calmer, however it ends in Easter.  Although in our house holidays=leftovers!!! and less cooking afterwards.
I ended up having to purchase romaine lettuce and 2 packs hot dog rolls and macaroni salad and potato chips.
And as a follow up, that GF pancake/waffle mix was absolutely HORRID.  Ruined the whole pancake experience. I thought with enough syrup it would mask the flavor.  I was wrong, very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...