Saturday, April 9, 2011

April Accountability #1 Follow Up - Cooking at home

I'm sure you've all been wondering how I've been doing with eating at home.

So to be accountable to myself and to the world of the Internet, here is my past week
Friday April 1
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions with homemade sauce (all found in the basement freezer) on top of spaghetti with homemade dinner rolls

Saturday April 2
Lunch : Leftovers or Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on homemade roll
Dinner: Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken from Stephanie Rice and Brussel Sprouts

I did go to the grocery store on Saturday to get some much needed veggies and noodles to turn the leftover chicken into Chicken Noodle Soup and Chicken pot pie.

Sunday April 3
Lunch:  Out for Mexican food after a late church meeting
Dinner:  Snack-neither of us was really hungry after eating lunch so late

Monday April 4
Lunch:  Hubs-PB&J Me-Wendy's (it was a horrible day, between story time, registering my car, the rain, and Bear falling asleep in the car, I was so hungry and I knew I would just have to sit in the car till he woke up)  So this is the first OOPS of the month.   I WILL do better
Dinner:  Chicken Noodle Soup

Tuesday April 5
Lunch:  Chicken Noodle Soup or PB&J
Dinner :  Homemade Pizza using Heather's Pizza Dough Recipe

Wednesday April 6
Lunch: Granola Bar or PB&J
Dinner:  Salisbury Steak, Gravy, Egg Noodles, Brussel Sprouts

Thursday April 7
Lunch:  Wendy's or Leftover Salisbury Steak- Bear is sick again, so we went to the doctor.  On the way back I had to get him medicine so I figured we'd go there quick and then home for a nap.  He fell sound asleep halfway there and I was starving.  But I didn't get a Frosty so it wasn't so bad, right?
Dinner: Homemade chicken pot pie.  I made my first pie crust EVER and it was fantastic

Friday April 8
Lunch: Leftover chicken pot pie
Dinner:  Steak and Shake.  We decided to go out tonight instead of having lunch out tomorrow.
Not too bad.  I did not anticipate Bear falling asleep in the car after registering my car and, like I said, I had a horrible day and just couldn't function.  Then with him getting sick and having house guests, I was just stressed and didn't want to think about making myself lunch, plus this way, both times, he got a longer nap.  He wakes up AS SOON as the car turns off.  And not happily.

But I did great for every dinner!  I found the chicken in the freezer and after a few days I got sick of it so I decided for pizza.  And then I was going to make creamed chicken over biscuits (pretty much pot pie filling over biscuits) and decided I was going to attempt a pie crust.  I'm so glad I did.  I've slowly been getting over my fear of baking.  I've attempted bread and now pie crust.  I feel so much more accomplished knowing I don't have to run to the store for a loaf of bread or stock up on pie crusts when they're on sale.

I think I'm going to meal plan for the next week.  I was not in the mood this past week.

I ended up having to purchase 2 packs egg noodles, 2 packs of brown gravy, carrots, celery and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...