Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Debt Beatdown #2

Mortgage Debt.

Ugh.  I got a punch to the stomach today.  I was delving through our credit report (which you should check at least once a year by the way, it's free at annualcreditreport.com) and saw that we owe 99% of our mortgage. 

Meaning, we have 1% equity.

Blech.  However our credit card debt is dwindling.  I cannot wait to pay it off.  CANNOT!!! I get all giddy inside thinking of no more credit card bills coming in, no more paying interest for using money we don't have.

We are still in Stage 1 of our Debt Beatdown.  Getting rid of credit card bills.  We have about $1000 left, the one credit card balance we had, hadn't cleared our propane bill and it was about $500 more than we anticipated.  So we'll just keep knocking it down.

Do you have debt?  If so, what is your debt beatdown plan?  I'd love to hear how others are doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...