Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How I Recover

Yesterday was a rough day. I bawled my eyes out and went to bed feeling like a failure.  Hubs did night duty (I have no idea what I would without him, seriously) and I went to bed in an effort to make today a better day.

So today I vowed to have a day to recover. 

1) The Lord hears prayers and I get out of bed at 7:30 and Bear is still asleep.

2) Make the bed.  For some reason a fresh made bed just instantly makes me feel better.  Don't judge my decor, it's a new comforter and I have yet to buy new matching bedding and curtains.


3) Half unload the dishwasher, those darn plastics take forever to dry!


4) Get the washer and dryer both empty from last night's laundry showdown



























5) Deep clean the kitchen table


7) It's almost 9 AM and Bear finally wakes up.  Go get him, change his diaper, give him medicine and put him on the floor to play.

8) Sit down and enjoy this

 While he watches the baby


So that I can do a little of this


Cleaning is so therapeutic to me.  It feels like every mark I wash away, every bit of garbage is another stressor gone from my life.  Every time we donate to Goodwill I feel as though I have a little more room to breathe again.  I love having enough stuff so that my home works for me, but not enough stuff so that I feel crowded.

Today is a much better day.  Bear is sick and vomited all over me and himself, so I bathed him and have another load of laundry going.  I made a loaf of bread (that unfortunately collapsed a bit) and tidied up a bit more.

Sometimes, when it rains and pours.   And sometimes, you can't do anything but play in the puddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...