Monday, April 25, 2011

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

Bear will be 1 in 5 weeks.

Friday night we successfully unswaddled him.  We have been trying since Thanksgiving.  I thought we were going to have to use that thing till he was 5.  And he already looked like a stuffed sausage.

Cloth diapering is going well.  We headed down to a local store on Tuesday and stocked up.  I bought 2 packs (12) Bummi's large organic cotton prefolds, 3 Thirsties Duo Wraps, 2 Thirsties Duo Diapers and a wet bag.  It was my own twelve days of Christmas!  We've been using them during the day at home.  I did not prep the diapers, I chose to prep as I go.  In order for diapers to reach their maximum absorbency they have to be washed several times.  Instead of using disposables and washing clean diapers multiple times I just decided to change him often.  I would say by the end of next week my diapers should be thoroughly prepped.

                                              Some of our new stash, the rest is in the wash.


                                                 Real boys wear pink....diapers that is!


The on Saturday we participated in the 2011 Cloth Diaper Change.  It was a Guinness Book of World Records attempt to have the most babies changed into a cloth diaper simultaneously.  It involved 400 locations all over the world.  It was a blast to join together with people who have the same eco-friendly views we do, and to be apart of an event to promote cloth diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...