Thursday, October 25, 2012

Whole30 to a whole new me!

Have you heard of Whole30?  I hadn’t. 

It’s basically a 30 day pledge to eat clean.  What’s clean you ask? 

No sugar, no beans, no imitation sugar, no grains and no dairy.

That’s a lot to lose, but I’m trying to focus on what I’ll gain.

I’m hoping to gain a lot from this program:
A better relationship with food
A new clothing size
A healthier appearance
More self esteem
More energy
More years on my life

Even though I’ve been gluten-free my postpartum weight loss has stopped.  I’m 15 lbs under my prepregnancy weight, which is fine and dandy except I’m still 35 lbs over my prepregnancy weight with Bear.  (Maybe if I had the stomachs of my boys and threw up half of everything I eat, that could change, or not.)

I’m still addicted to gluten-free junk food (Can we say NUTELLA?)

Isn’t the first step to fighting an addiction, to acknowledge it?  Well, here I am.  I’m going to just come out and say it.  I love all things junk, especially gluten-free ones. 

Ice cream, Cool Ranch Doritos, Nutella, Peanut Butter, Nutella, Nutella on Ice Cream….and so on.

I’m a little nervous about the first week of clean eating (although usually the first week of any life improvement is easy, it’s the sustaining that I struggle with).  So I way overspent on groceries, part in fear, and part in motivation to do this the right way.

I spent $160 on groceries, for one week of clean eating.  But, I think I can make it stretch further.  We got 2 huge Butternut Squash, a large Spaghetti Squash, 5 large yams, 2 quarts of strawberries, a pint of blackberries, 8 avocados, 2 packs of arugula, spinach, red peppers, Gala apples, bananas, almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, and a bunch of frozen fruits and veggies from Trader Joe’s and the farmer’s market. 

And a bunch of other stuff, including my favorite….BRUSSEL SPROUTS.

I know, how can someone addicted to Nutella also love Brussel Sprouts.  But I truly love those little cabbages, always have.  Even as a kid in elementary school, but I was too afraid to voice my loner opinion.

I’m hoping to journal my 30 day journey (and include some pictures and recipes) for a realistic look at whether this diet change is the right one.

And don’t worry, Hubs is doing it right along side me.   I also plan (for personal possession to take pictures of us to compare before and after to see if there really is a difference).

Bear will not be joining unless I make this a permanent change.  He struggles so much with the oral motor skills of eating and is so skinny that I can’t jeopardize his calorie intake.

TOMORROW IS DAY ONE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I just finished! Anxious to see what recipes you find! I've been continuing mostly doing it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...