Friday, March 11, 2011

Hi Everybody!

(You need to say the title with the accent of Dr. Riviera from The Simpsons)

My names is Abs and I have a wonderful husband (Hubs) and a beautiful son named Bear.  Just for clarification, these are nicknames, I did not name my son Bear.  Although in today's times it wouldn't be that unheard of, he could go to school with River, and Brook, and Bronx Mowgli. But I digress.

We live out in the great old Midwest, so in the Winter we have icicles hanging off our noses, flooding in the Spring, crazy hot/cold waves in the Summer, and usually a quiet, low key Autumn.  The Fall is just glorious around here, up to our knees in corn and gorgeous orange pumpkins.  In addition to our son, we have two cats that are absolutely bonkers.

I'm not sure where this blog is going to go in terms of directions, I'm sort of misguided myself.  I do know that I love to craft (I'm a quilter, novice knitter/crocheter, and intro paper crafter), I enjoy finding deals and bargains and being cheap. Our expenses are pretty high since having Bear, he was born with special needs and after a stint in the NICU, countless doctors, tests and therapy we're left holding the bills with only slightly more information than we knew before.  In an effort to pay off his medical bills and still give him everything he needs I've tried to find cheaper ways to do things without sacrificing quality.  I also love to read, in fact, I'm slightly addicted.  I have not read a book in months because once I start I have to finish it. 

I look forward to sharing some favorite books, crafts, and frugal tips with everyone with an underlying hint of special needs and how it affects our daily life.

I'm a very lucky woman right now because Hubs and Bear are napping and I'm getting some much needed quiet me time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...