Monday, March 21, 2011

Money Saving Monday

Sorry for the sparse posting lately. We've all been attacked with the change of season cold.  Bear woke up Sunday morning all goopy and snotty and I'm just barely keeping it at bay.

My money saving tip today:  Always have a well stocked pantry and medicine cabinet.

I had no desire to crawl out of our house today, heck I didn't even get out my pajamas.  It was great being able to scrounge up a pound of ground beef and a box of hamburger helper (bought on sale for $0.50).  Also knowing I have a store of cold medicine and Ibuprofen was relieving when my body feels as though someone took a sledgehammer to it.

Unfortunately, the yuckies have to quiet down tomorrow because we desperately need milk.   We will be venturing to the grocery store where they have a half gallon for $0.99 on Tuesday.

Hubs has managed not to get sick and I feel awful.  I managed to get two loads of laundry done today and it's folded and piled in the living room.  The dirty dishes are on the counter waiting for a hand to load them in the dishwasher (and it won't be me until tomorrow morning) and all I want to do is crawl under the covers and never come out.

I feel the best first thing in the morning so I've been concentrating on getting some if any chores done then.  I'll load my dishwasher up first thing, run in through Bear's morning nap and then we'll head to the grocery store. Thankfully it's only about 3 miles away, and on the way home we can pick up the mail and then head inside for a quick afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...