Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life is moving

at an alarming pace!

My Mom is on her way here right now.  I should be overjoyed, yet there’s a feeling of trepidation.  Why you ask?

She’s on her way for a babysitting job.  Hubs and I are heading out tomorrow afternoon for our first vacation WITHOUT Bear.  I’m thrilled and nervous at the same time.

We’re heading about 40 minutes away to a Bed and Breakfast for some quality adult time.  We’ll cook dinner together and eat (hopefully not in awkward-we-don’t-know-what-to-talk-about-besides-Bear silence) and just relax.  We have a few visits planned for Saturday and just some relaxing downtime.

Yesterday was a rough day.  Bear refused to nap and the only thing I needed was one hour to lay down.  I hadn’t slept much the night before (my knee was bugging me, stupid humidity) and all I wanted was to lay down.

I finally called Hubs and cried/vented to him, made myself a cup of coffee and dusted myself off.

We started over.  We went to the bank and I had to sing scream “Skinnamarink” and “This Old Man” to keep him awake on the 4 mile drive.  We abandoned our trip to Target because of his heavy eyes, came home and got ready for bed.  I pajama’d him, gave him a bottle and medicine, rocked him, and laid him down.  45 minutes later he was still awake.

I surrendered.  Hubs came home and I went and finished mowing the lawn.  He played with Bear until about 7 (2 hours after I put him down, 13 hours since he awoke for the day) and he finally went to bed.

Pictures to come after this weekend.  I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...