Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday: Week 1

Ladies and Gentlemen (this is pretty optimistic, I’m sure there is probably only one person reading this blog)

I have decided to lose weight.  This gluten-free (here and here) diet has been a work-in-progress.  I’ve had a few slip-ups (all accidental) but I think I’m on the road to doing this forever.

I have begun to experiment in the kitchen.  I tried gluten-free cornbread and gluten-free chicken pot pie.  I loved that both recipes called for easy (read CHEAP) ingredients.  The cornbread was phenomenal although I did add 1/2 can of creamed corn to it and almost 1/4 cup of sugar (we like our cornbread sweet).

Now it’s time to lose weight.  I will say that while I am overweight I have not gained weight in over a year.  I weigh lass than I did when I gave birth to Bear.  When I started last week, I weighed in at my typical amount as I have for the past year.  So as long as I can lose the weight, I think I can successfully keep it off.

Starting Weight:  0lbs.  Yes, you read that right, I’m weightless.  No, just too ashamed to admit my weight in front of the world.  I’ll give you a hint, it has 3 digits.

Todays Weight: –2.5 lbs.  I actually reweighed myself and I’m down 3.5 lbs, but I’ll use the morning weigh to keep things accurate.

I did well this past week.  I have not changed my eating habits, simply portions.  I’m trying to use the 0-5 rule.  Eat when you are hungry, when you’re tummy feels empty like a 0.  Stop when you are halfway full, about a 5 on a 0-10 scale.  Obviously you could eat a ton more and stuff your face and be at a 10+, but that won’t fly.  I eat one plate full and drink water only with meals.  30-40 minutes later if I’m still hungry, I’ll have a snack.

So far, it hasn’t been too fun.  It seems every smell and sight trigger cravings.  But I figured if I can make it through the first two weeks, it will get easier. (It WILL get easier).

My goals, hmm…I hope to lose 2 lbs a week.  That is a healthy target.  I need to start exercising and getting out, but the weather is back to being miserable for the time being.

Sept 17 we are going on a family vacation (well for 2 days but it will be fun).  That is 3.5 weeks away,  I’m hoping to be down another 6-7 lbs.

October 29 we have a wedding to attend. That is 9.5 weeks away.  I think that will be my goal for the 20 lb mark (I’m already 2.5 lbs in)

I’ll reward myself with a fancy new dress (I need one desperately).  I’ll start daydreaming about one I can get, but most likely I will buy it off the rack.  Whatever strikes my mood that day.

What are your tips, tricks, advice, or warnings as for losing weight?

I know, focus on health and not the number on the scale (or my pants size).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...