Thursday, January 10, 2013

Whole30: Day 10

Breakfast:  2 scrambled eggs

Lunch:  2 Bilinski’s Spinach and Garlic Chicken Sausage, sautéed mushrooms and carrot soufflé

Snack:  serving of Macadamia Nuts

Dinner:  Asparagus Bacon Broccoli Soup

 

The soup recipe made so much that we’ve been eating it for days.  It’s an awesome go to easy meal when you don’t have time for all the chopping and cooking.

 

The carrot soufflé was amazing.  Simply amazing.  I will be making that again.  I am a reformed cooked carrot hater.  I really truly hate cooked carrots however, in this soufflé they were fantastic.

 

Today has been an odd day.  Hubs left for work in the middle of Bear’s therapy session and I just never got put together.  I ran an errand during the “non-nap time”.  That’s when everyone is supposed to be napping, but I come home to find a Bear who is playing and a Monkey who is   screaming.

 

I bought an herb chopper as I’m starting to dive into more fresh herbs.  I bought Rosemary and Sage at the Farmer’s Market this week.  Unfortunately, I’m not a great herb chopper so I really hesitate to use fresh herbs.  I’m excited to try it out tomorrow when I made a Pork Roast with Rosemary and Sage and Roasted Turnip.

 

I also bought new measuring spoons and cups (mine keep disappearing) and a silicone steamer basket.  I have the metal one, but it barely fits in my pot and it’s really been scraping it up.  It seems silly to keep damaging a really expensive pot for a $10 steamer basket.  I’m excited to try it out.  I foresee a lot of carrot soufflé in our future.  I also plan to try it with butternut squash.

 

I also got a mister for olive oil.  Today when I baked the carrot soufflé I had nothing to spray the ramekins with so I didn’t use anything.  So I got a hand me down mister from my mom who never used it and I’m excited to try it out for baking!


Portion control is something that has greatly worried me through this Whole30.  Maybe it’s the years of “dieting” and America’s oversized portions.  But I’ve noticed in the past few days (as long as I listen closely) my body tells me when it’s full way before I would have stopped eating in the past.  I feel satisfied, not stuffed and make it hours till I need to eat again.  It’s really not been difficult.

 

I did cheat though.  I did step on the scale and I have lost weight.  I wanted to see if I did to make sure that I didn’t need to change anything I was doing.  I was scared to commit to this Whole30 and be doing something wrong and basically wasting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...