Monday, January 7, 2013

Whole30: Day 7

 

A whole week complete!!!

Breakfast:  2 scrambled eggs (made with coconut milk) and a clementine

Lunch:  baby kale with chicken salad (I used homemade mayo and tarragon), sunflower seeds and half an avocado 

Snack 1:  1 serving of almonds

Snack 2:  1 serving of pistachios

DinnerAsparagus Bacon and Broccoli soup

 

Hubs is working a yucky shift this week, 12:30PM-10:00PM basically. So we had an early lunch.  But because of Monkey’s therapy I couldn’t eat dinner until 6 PM, I was so hungry!!!

 

So I ended up having 2 snacks between lunch and dinner to hold me over but I was so hungry I scarfed down my soup.  I ended up eating too much and having a stomach ache. 

 

However, the soup was fantastic!  The homemade mayo? Not so much.  I guess I just don’t like mayo, real or fake.  It’s greasy and blech.  I’m going to try it one more time extra seasoned, but I will not be making it again.

 

Today was a weird day. I feel great, have a ton of energy and the cravings have been minimal.  However, it was a mentally draining day.  I personally celebrated making it 1 week on the Whole30 and meal planning and all the cooking.  However, it hit me, I still have 23 days to go!!  And then I thought about adopting this diet forever and it was just overwhelming. I reminded myself to take it a day at a time and if I could do this for 7 days, I’m sure I could do it 7 more.  I think I’m just reminded how much I HATE this shift. 


I’m a little worried about next week.  The boys have a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday that will run into lunchtime and will be about an hour away.  Do I pack lunch? My mom will be coming with me and I’m sure she’ll want to get lunch.  Do I risk it and try eating out?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the soup--it's one of our favorites too!

    Break a leg with the rest of your Whole30. :) -Brent

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...