Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole30: Day 8

Breakfast:   2 scrambled eggs

Lunch:  London Broil with cashew cream sauce, sautéed peppers, roasted sweet potatoes and artichoke hearts

Dinner:  Taco Salad

 

I’ve been making our nice meal at lunchtime before Hubs goes off to work.  The cashew cream sauce was excellent and very filling.  I ended up only eating the London Broil and peppers and tasting the artichoke and sweet potatoes.  It was truly satisfying and I never even felt hungry for snacks.

 

Tonight was a true test though.  Monkey has been so fussy today.  He woke up from his nap and screamed for hours.  After he finally went to bed I was very tempted to snack just to ease my anxiety.  Even though it would have been healthy food, I wasn’t hungry.  So I made the choice to do what any other Whole30’er would do…wash dishes (cause this program leaves my sink full of dishes constantly).  This is the first time that I’ve really been challenged with changing my relationship with food.  I’m glad to say that the temptation of eating is really reduced when my cravings for junk food have greatly diminished. 

 

Smelling junk food or seeing commercials do trigger memories but I’m honestly feeling so amazing that I’m not truly tempted to mess this up.

 

RECIPE:  Cashew Cream Sauce

 

Cover 1 cup of cashews with water and let soak.  Mine soaked for about 1.5 hours.

 

Heat one can of lite coconut milk on the stove and season.  I added about 1 tbsp tarragon but it wasn’t really noticeable. 

 

Drain soaked cashews and put in blender.  Add hot coconut milk mixture.

 

Blend till smooth.  Put back in pot and heat till simmering.

 

Like I said, this came out fantastic.  I have a KitchenAid Blender which is a decent blender, nowhere near the reputation of a vitamix, but it did a decent job on this.  Smoothies are another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...