Friday, January 11, 2013

Whole30: Day 11

 

Breakfast:  1.5-2 scrambled eggs

Lunch:  Pork Roast with turnips and pumpkin soufflé

Snack:  Serving of almonds

Dinner:  Salad (arugula, spinach, baby kale, mushrooms, red bell pepper and egg) and Tessamae’s Ranch Dressing

 

Pumpkin soufflé was a disappointment.  I used Organic Canned Pumpkin from Trader Joe’s and it was just “meh”.  I would definitely stick to carrot or maybe butternut squash.  I’m tempted to try homegrown pumpkins in the fall, they’re much sweeter than the canned variety.

 

I can’t believe I’ve only been on this program for 11 days, it feels so much longer.  And not in a bad way.  It just feels “normal” now, like this is how I’ve always ate. I definitely feel my jeans getting looser and I have so much more energy.  Hubs said I looked healthier today, and in general I’m more calm and happier.

 

Today, when both kids were napping (YES!!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!!!) I focused on me and sat with my feet up and sipped a cup of hot English Breakfast Tea.  I relished in the quiet moment and the fact that one day I will miss the baby stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...