Monday, January 14, 2013

Whole30: Days 12, 13, 14

 

I bet you thought I totally fell off the wagon!!! Nope!!! Just had a busy weekend and I feel I have enough of a handle on this diet to just eat as I need. 

 

Saturday we had friends over so I made London Broil with cashew cream sauce, carrot soufflé (yum! much better than the pumpkin), sautéed red peppers and a big salad.  We use Tessemae’s salad dressing.  These friends aren’t doing Whole30 but one is following Weight Watchers and thankfully they’re adventurous eaters. 

 

Sunday was a sleepy day followed by a trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joes.  I finally found coconut aminos at a different Whole Foods (this one was way bigger) and we got frozen fruit for smoothies at Trader Joe’s.  Monkey behaved so well he even managed to sit in the stroller for like 20 minutes.  THIS IS A RECORD FOR HIM!  I made curry with chicken, red peppers and cauliflower rice.  We also had a salad with it.

 

I’m struggling with green vegetables so I’ve been trying to add more salads as side dishes.  Maybe struggling isn’t the right word, but I have difficulty keeping them around very long.  Usually I buy 2-3 bags of brussel sprouts a week and we got through them in a day or two, and asparagus goes bad so quickly for me, that the only thing I have for the remainder of the week is spring mix and other baby lettuces. 

 

Monday was our busy day.  We have lots of therapy from 8:30 AM to 6 PM (next week we’re even adding an extra one).  I made a dijon roasted chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, sautéed kale and steamed broccoli.  The dijon roasted chicken came out fantastic and I didn’t eat my sweet potato and the kale was getting old, it was a bit bitter. 

 

I definitely feel I’ve lost weight, my fat pants are too loose, my skinny pants are SLIGHTLY snug but wearable.  I’ve gained a ton of energy (I even worked out today), and I’m a much more level mooded individual.  It’s amazing what this diet has done for me.  I’m also about 100 pgs into their book “It Starts With Foodand I’m in love.

 

 

Dijon Roasted Chicken

1/4 cup dijon mustard, I used Annie’s Organic

1 TBSP  lemon juice (I used fresh lemon juice and added about 1 tsp of zest)

1 TBSP olive oil.

 

Mix ingredients and rub over 3-4 lb roaster chicken.  salt and pepper to taste.  Bake at 425 for 40-50 minutes.  My chicken was 5.62 lbs and took about an hour.  I use a meat thermometer and take it out 10 degrees below doneness in the breast.  Then I cover the chicken and pan with tinfoil and let it rest.  The meat was perfect.

 

Tip:  Be sure to thoroughly dry your chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...